Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am obsessed with HIV- though I avoid all risk activities- any advice on how to get over this crippling fear?

I have been this way for 4 years and tested negative multiple times. I have never had sexual contact with another, never used drugs, and never had a blood transfusion. Yet, an everyday thing like using a public restroom or shaking hands with someone sickens me with fear I've somehow become infected. Meds have only helped a little and counseling is proving redundant. Anyone have any suggestions?I am obsessed with HIV- though I avoid all risk activities- any advice on how to get over this crippling fear?
You can talk to a therapist who will address this as a phobia. Change docs and change medications. You are not gonna get HIV unless you involve yourself in risky behavior and I do not think you're gonna be doing that. It is easy for me to say ';stop all the worrying'; but I know it is not that easy. I tend to worry about EVERYTHING and I did not get better until my doc adjusted the dosage on my meds and now I worry, but not to the degree I once did. Good LUCK!I am obsessed with HIV- though I avoid all risk activities- any advice on how to get over this crippling fear?
Educate yourself.


If you knew all you could, you'd know it's very easy to avoid if you take simple precautions.


And you'd know you can't get it from shaking a hand.


Just take a deep breath, type HIV in on google, and do some debate-worthy research on it.


Besides, with all the things happening these days I'd be more worried about Cancer.


You can't really prevent yourself from getting that.
Educate others as to the causes. Maybe after you hear yourself say it many times, maybe you will believe that you do not participate in high risk behavior.
go have sex with someone who has the disease. then you won't need to be going nuts over not getting, because you will then have it.





anways, shaking hands with someone won't infect you. it has to be direct contact, such as blood to blood.





stop being such a paranoia freak and live life the way its supposed to be. You can't stop the inevitable from happening
Your fears are for nothing.


You can only get aids through the fluids of someone who has aids.


So don't play with others blood and have your boyfriend tested for aids before you have sex.


Always wear a good strong rubber and use plenty of lube.





I hate public restrooms as well and will only use ones that I know look clean and then only in an extream emergency and then a good lon shower and a soak in the tub and then another scrubing in the shower and I feel like new.





Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment