Thursday, August 19, 2010

Does and one have any advice for a first time skier?

Ive never skied before do you have any tips on getting to grips with it faster?Does and one have any advice for a first time skier?
Get lessons.





That's the only advice I can offer.





I used to be a ski instructor...believe me, you will be far happier learning from a professional.Does and one have any advice for a first time skier?
I've just answered a similar question so are going to post the same answer! But will like to add: Take your time , keep your patients and enjoy!


Remarkably I learnt to ski on a golf course in Dartford!!! Yes a Golf course!


The course was covered in snow and I went with a EX for a go! I skied on skis 20cm to big, and loved it! 2 days later I went to a Dry ski slope had a 2hr lesson and then 3 weeks later I went on holiday to the Alps! I managed blues and reds and by the end of the week was trying black runs! Go for it! You'll love it and will never give it up! I see my self as an 70yr old on skis!!! lol Good Luck!
Go slow and snow plow till you get the hang of it. Depending on where your going skiing i would get lessons but if theres a young child going and your going to a non-english speaking country, i know from experience that its very confusing.
First time I went I was about 11 or 12 I think. I had a week of lessons but since then have done my own thing. Wouldn't suggest a whole course of lessons but maybe 2 or 3 days, mainly so you don't kill yourself or anyone trying to work out what to do.





Or maybe go to a local dry slope? Or if you're lucky one of those indoor 'real' snow places.
Take a set of lessons from a qualified instructor, practice the exercises, get in good shape, tighten your boots, drink water.
take it slow, try buying a lesson and then from there go on the bunny hills and work your way up, ive been skiing for like 2 years and i still dont do the diamonds
don't hit the tree
Look for an area that has a first time on skis program. This will include your lift ticket, equipment rental and lessons. Your other option if you can afford it is to spring for a private lesson but then you would have to pay for lift ticket and lesson seperately.


Dress in layers, bring an extra pair of gloves because your first ones will get wet, buy goggles or wear sunglasses, pack sunscreen, lip protection, wear a hat.
I would defiantly check out a local dry slope before going on the snow, its not essential but far easier. I went Skiing on snow for the first time last year and the best advice anyone gave me was don't be afraid to fall over, because worrying about it makes you nervous.


Then take it nice and easy and don't rush yourself. And as soon as u can get used to using all the ski lifts, they are essential for moving up and down the slopes, but sometimes difficult to master.
Drugs and alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment