Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am pregnant and I all want to do is sleep. Advice, How can I be more alert?

Sunday I will be 10 weeks, and I want to do is sleep sleep and sleep some more.


Thankfully I only work 3 days a week and hubby is very supportive of that. But I am soooo tired, and I often fall asleep at work.





Advice. How do I become more alert?I am pregnant and I all want to do is sleep. Advice, How can I be more alert?
atleast you have a significant other...I had to work my whole first trimester full time with no help! there is no way to get more energy...you are making a child inside you!I am pregnant and I all want to do is sleep. Advice, How can I be more alert?
Well, you should have your iron and your vitamin D level checked, and fix both of those as necessary.


You could also try taking a vitamin B complex supplement on top of your regular vitamins. If that helps, you'll notice within a couple of days, so you can continue, if not, discontinue. If it helps, you might try adding a B12 supplement on top of that, and see if that helps. Take the B12 in the morning, not at night, because you won't be able to sleep if you take it at night.


Also, try drinking some of that green juice with spirulina in it - this does wonders for my energy level.


The apple trick can help, too, so try that.


Pregnancy brings with it a level of fatigue, but I'm not sure it shoul be so extreme that you want to sleep ALL the time.


Good luck! Hope you feel better soon.





I have to go against eating the carb-loaded foods - these tend to make most people crash within an hour. If you eat a carbohydrate, make sure it is a whole food (like whole-grain bread), and buffer it with some fat or protein. Avoid soda pop - both diet and regular, in fact, just avoid refined sugar altogether. Get your sweet from fruit, and if you want to use a sweetener, use honey or molasses.
I don't think there's anything you can do... Being tired while pregnant is very normal... Everyone goes through that. Sleeping is also healthy when you're pregnant so even though you don't really want to sleep, i assume that you want to be active and not sleep, but you're alright and if your boss doesn't like that you fall asleep alot then tell him you're often tired because of being pregnant.
That's very common, especially for the first pregnancy and during the first trimester. Get as much sleep now as you can!





After the first trimester (when the morning sickness has passed) you will start to feel more energetic (like your old self). The second trimester is definitely the best! In the third trimester, you'll be feeling really tired again.
Honestly there really isn't a way. You need ALL the rest you can possibly get. You are growing a child inside your stomach that takes alot of work and effort and takes a toll on your body.


So my advice is sleep it up. You only work 3 days and your husband seems awesome about it. Just take your pre Natal vitamins and sleep. The further along you get the less tired you will be. Or that's how it was with me..


And one more piece of advice PLEASE drink alot of water and NO cokes. That's all. Congrats on your pregnancy!
I'm not sure you can become more alert right now. Your body needs rest obviously and you are resting. You should wake up some after 12 weeks as you enter the 2nd trimester. What is your hemoglobin and hematocrit? Or... are you possibly anemic? Call the ob-gyn's nurse and ask her about this too.
I didn't feel sleepy like that until the last trimester, so being that I just woke up from almost a 4 hour nap....it's hard to say there is any way to avoid the feeling.lol. I've read that exercise can help...but I walk and exercise but it just makes me feel more tired. I think your body needs the sleep, just get it while you can and don't feel guilty...soon, you'll be up taking care of an infant and you'll miss these days..trust me!
Totally normal -- you're growing a human. But, if it lasts past week 16 have the doctor check your iron levels.





I was exhausted until about 13 weeks and then felt great. Then around week 17 I started feeling tired again (both pregnancies). Turns out my iron levels were low. The doc put me on some irons pills and all is good.
Take your pregnancy vitamins, they help some with energy.





Also, just sleep. The baby develops alot during the first trimester and sleeping calms your body and lets it focus on the baby.





I am nine weeks....exhausted all the time....work part-time and go to school full time.


I sleep any time that I am not at work or school. Be thankful you have more time for sleep!!
u need to take more frequent naps. if u are tired then sleep. fighting it will only make u more sleepy. the sleepiness is due to the hormone progesterone that is hieghtened in ur system at this time to balance out ur reproductive system.





i am 7 weeks and was caught nodding off in my cubicle yesterday but hey, i really couldnt help it.
I know how you feel. I am due in October also. I work 5 days a week and my hubby thinks I'm making excuses. I literally fall asleep on the counter making dinner. They say around 13-14 weeks you will start to get energy. Please God, please! :) My husband is really starting to tick me off.
I was soooo sleepy in my first trimester!! It must be all of the changes occurring in a woman's body. Once I hit the second trimester, my energy levels started to come back to normal.
Eat high-energy, carb-loaded foods and sleep regularly at night. Getting full nights of sleep is the most important. Also, try some gentle workouts during the day, like yoga or stretching, etc. Good luck!
It's so normal at that stage in pregnancy to feel tired! Try sucking on peppermints or eating an apple (apples wake you up better than coffee). Sorry I don't have more suggestions!
aww bless you hunny i am the same even more now been 35 weeks and 3 little boys to keep me busy lol i think you should maybe ask your midwife to check your iron as low iron can cause Extreme tiredness xxx
during my first trimester everytime i got in a car i'd fall asleep i was so tired lol best thng to do is just sleep it off (: x
its normal to be tired while pregnant.


Not much you can do about it!!


good luck
just do simple exercise routine... walking around etc... drink plenty of water too if you sweat more...

No comments:

Post a Comment