Thursday, August 19, 2010

What is the best advice you've ever recieved?

What is the best advice anyone ever gave you?


(can be about anything)What is the best advice you've ever recieved?
Well ... it goes back to the summer of 73 when the girl I was with dumped me. Like any self absorbed teenager I was morose to say the least. But I had a friend dating my cousin and he could see what it was all about. Everyone else was just sick and tired of my drama but Caissey set me straight one night over a few beers. He told me a story with a moral.


';It seems that back in Toronto on Keele street there was the slaughter house beside the tracks and living in this stockyard was this huge cat. A huge tomcat who had the run of the yards. He had it all, the best place in winter for the warmth, the coolest spot in the summer and the choicest meats that were thrown out. The old tomcat had first choice of all the hot cats in heat. He was a big one. He was the cat's meow. He ran the yards the way he wanted for himself and there was no cat big enough to take him on. What he wanted he got.


One cool summer evening that big old tomcat was strolling along the tracks out back and decided to cross them to the fence on the other side, and as he was crossing all those tracks he came to the second last track when a train came barreling down the tracks.


Well the cat looked at the train and looked at the track and decided that if he jumped now; he could make it. He jumped to beat the train, he didn't quite make it. The front wheel of the train cut off a piece of his tail and stunned at the sharp pain he spun around to see just exactly what happened, and when he spun around to take a look; the back wheels of the train cut his head off!';


So there we were Caissey and I with our beers, and the cigarette smoke and Otis Redding playing on the record player. Caissey took another drag of his cigarette and I'm waiting to hear more cause it seemed that couldn't be the end, there had to be something to it and that's when Caissey took a swig of beer stamped out his cigarette and said


'; 'son', the moral of the story is ....there's no sense losing your head over a piece of tail';.


The moral of the story hit between the foggy eyes and you can bet I got off that teenage anst ridden love loss pretty damn quick.


Caissey knew what the real problem was.What is the best advice you've ever recieved?
Keep a positive attitude at all times.
'Live for today.We are not guaranteed tomorrow.'
don't let 'em see you down kiddo.
';Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time...and it annoys the pig';.





Re-quoted to me by my grandmother...original by Robert Heinlein.
before i had my first child....





#1....Your NOT raising him to KEEP him...you have to turn him out..





#2...Don't say your child won't do something....PRAY he won't....{cause as soon as you say ';my kid would never do that';...they will}





#3...NEVER argue with a child..the instant you do...you loose {you have just placed yourself on the same level...}
Best advice i received.. i answer. please go my experience before my receipt of advice from my friend.





i am rare to visit my friend's home. once my friend phoned me and requested me to comeover her home to go for a movie. i said it to my husband and he gave his approval as it happened to be a holiday. i went her home, she received me and i strightly gone to kitchen. There i took food with her and left with her to a movie. on return, her husband said to us that the diamond ring of him lost from morning and made police complaint. he narrated further that the police asked who are he is suspecting for which he said his servant. police picked the servent. i left her home with leaving my wish to reach early. On my way, i met another friend and she enquired my presence for wich i said all happenings at my friend's home about the loss of diamond ring etc., She, my another friend said, you are lucky, you also gone there..that too straightaway to kitchen, and he has not gave your name to police, and if he gave your name to police, see what will be your position and name in the society. Take my adivice and follow..


This is her advice to me and still date, i am following..


'' whenever you go any friends or known person's home, please don't enter home atonce. if you enter stop going inside the house. stay at reception. under any circumstances entering other rooms, kitchen should always be avoided. if necessary make talks at the entry level. This is always good ''


This advice gave me something to understand and also free from blame from the near and dear. i am following this still date.


The diamond ring story further.. my friend phoned me that they found it in the backyard and while her husband facing his wash, it fell down without his knowledge and atlast it was found in the dirty place.





what do you say? is it not a good advice ?
let it be...


dont cry because its over, laugh because it happened
Don't believe everything you read.
Received*
';Irrespective of any matter, things gather around the one who loves them. If you love flowers, every variety of flower will begin to gather about you, even though you have not had a single seed until that time. In due course, there will grow a flower of the rarest kind. Likewise, if you love people, the result will be the same.';


From ';Bushido: The Way of the Samurai'; by Tsunetomo Yamamoto.





The best advice I got in person was ';Never give anyone advice unless they specifically ask for it.';
keep coming back
Never, never, never give up.
Love those around you and have open arms to those you don't know yet. And treat people the way you want to be treated. it really works!
stop wasting your time on jerks
Wear a condom but ****The best advice is the one you give yourself. because only You really knows You
be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
Always look at bright side of life
Never miss anyone from your past, there is a reason they didn't make it to your future.
I'm still waiting to hear one...
When raising a teen-ager, remember that you will know them longer as adults than you will as a teen, so don't do any stupid parent thing over some trivial teen-age action/practice/offense that will tarnish your later relationship with them as an adult.





Long, but very good advice. Thank you, Terry.
Be you. Always help others to be who they are. In the end , you will always be surrounded by friends.
Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment