Monday, August 23, 2010

Can anybody give me some advice on a good wireless router?

I had a netgear brand router and it seemed to slow my internet connection A LOT. I have cable internet with Bresnan and I use the router for wireless internet on my laptop.Can anybody give me some advice on a good wireless router?
If you have a broadband internet connection, it's faster than an 802.11g. The ';g'; goes up to about 540 kilobits. There is a newer draft spec, called 802.11n, that can go up to 5 megabits. Those routers are starting to appear more often in the stores now.





If speed is crucial, you can't (currently) beat a wired connection.Can anybody give me some advice on a good wireless router?
Belkin is what I always use...the customer support for new users is amazing..if u need help setting one up.





I've never called them before but my Uncle did and they speak clear English.





They can get pricey...but you get what you pay for.
i have a linksys, it works great, also has easy setup!
I've used Linksys (i'm a Cisco fan, so i guess i'm being biased) and i haven't had any problems with mine.
Linksys WRT54G Version 1.0-1.7. These rock. I've been using them for years. I've been able to modify the firmware by doing a simple update....and I can crank the distance way up. Plus do several other very cool things.

No comments:

Post a Comment