Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is It Ok For A Psychologist To Talk To And Give Advice To Their Client Via Email?

I like to mind peoples privacy, but the other day I noticed my spouse has had exchanged emails with our therapist. They also said some things about me I was not happy with, but that is subjective.





Does it cross some sort of ethical code or something for a psychologist/therapist to give therapy and advice to clinet through email for free.


3 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.Is It Ok For A Psychologist To Talk To And Give Advice To Their Client Via Email?
Why not?





If it is mutually agreeable for the client and therapist.








...and I would tend to agree with MishIs It Ok For A Psychologist To Talk To And Give Advice To Their Client Via Email?
I would think it would be ok if it was some thing like suicide or some thing that involved doing a criminal act but if it was just about your husband forgetting to take out the trash then no. I would charge but I suppose it's at the shrinks discretion.
The only ethical codes that were crossed here were crossed when you read private emails between your husband and his therapist.
No, it is not all right. Client confidentiality means exactly that. If you contact your client via E-Mail confidentiality goes out the window.
Is it ok to go through your spouse's e-mails? Aye carumba.
sounds like a possible affair.
yes exactly

No comments:

Post a Comment