Monday, August 23, 2010

Can you give some advice on handling jealousy?

My two daughters have babies 3 weeks apart. My grandson was born March 4, and my granddaughter was born March 27. My youngest daughter lives about a half hour away. She will come and spend a couple of days with me, so I can spend some time with Briyanna. My other daughter and Alex live with me. I see Alex and spend time with him all the time. When both of my grandbabies are here, both of my daughters say I am doing more for one baby than I am the other. I try my best to spend equal amount of time with both babies and to do the same amount of things for both babies. I see Alex every day, but I only see Briyanna a couple times a week. I babysit Alex sometimes, but I haven't Briyanna. I love my daughters and grandbabies, so how do I work out the jealousy between them?Can you give some advice on handling jealousy?
I think you need to sit down and explain this to them. They wont know if you dont tell them. As for them i think they need to grow up and just be thankful there children have a loving granparent that spends any amount of time with them and their childrenCan you give some advice on handling jealousy?
You know, I am really annoyed with your daughters. Really, they are just being ungrateful brats!





YOU can't work out their ';grievances'; for them. I'd be inclined to tell them (together) that it seems like you are the ONLY one who loves all of them, which gives you the best view of the whole situation. What should be a perfectly wonderful time for all of you is being ruined FOR all of you by their stopwatch mentality. I'd then say ';I'm going out window shopping now while you two do whatever it takes to come to your senses.'; If it's true, I'd add ';You weren't this unreasonably jealous when YOU were kids.';





Well, I am just feeling grumpy now, but I can feel nobler if it's on your behalf LOL.





Good luck in restoring happy times for all :-)
That's a tough one. To make them see how silly they are acting, start saying (when 1 needs something), ';I'd love to help but it's not their turn';, and explain to the daughters why you are doing that.(that you are trying to divide your time equally). Maybe they will soon get the picture. Your daughters are being childish themselves. Good luck and Congrats on the new babies.
Say in a cheerful, singsong voice...';There's only one of me and two of them!';

No comments:

Post a Comment