Thursday, August 19, 2010

I could use some advice on what to do with my car. Any ideas?

I bought a used car, and the lady that owned it was a smoker, so there are no holes on the drivers seat, but there are a lot of burn marks so they are discolored from the original color of the seat. The marks are brown, and the seat is gray. Besides buying a seat cover, does anyone have any ideas how I can make it the gray color it should be? I hope I explained this well.I could use some advice on what to do with my car. Any ideas?
yes you explained it well. except one detail, you left out what the seats are made of.


But ill will go with the most common Leather and Vinyl.


There are repair kits you can buy, and they normally have a few base colors you can mix to match your seat, or if your lucky they may have the exact color already there. (exact colors normally come from the manufacturer so tend to be a bit more pricy) but sometimes you can get lucky.


Other then that and a car seat cover (yeah they are kinda ugly) is to redo the entire cover on the chair (bucket seats are alot easier)


Not much else you can do that i can think of.


Hope it helped and good luck.I could use some advice on what to do with my car. Any ideas?
I don't believe that there is anything on the market that will turn singed fabric back to original condition. Slip on after-market seat covers are not that expensive, and are relatively easy to put on. At any rate, the singed places are not as strong as the rest of the fabric and would be the first places that would tear.
I would just go to the junkyard and get a new interrior that is the same or completely change the whole thing!!!! this way you can get some nice leather seats for under $150 or less maybe!!! and don't let anyone smoke in your car!!!
i very seriously doubt it that you will find anything on the market to bring the color back. your best bet is either get a seat cover or go to a junkyard and see if you can find 1 thats the same color as yours.
yes... look around for fabric spray....autozone has it and pep-boys...back in the old days we would use RIT dye in a spray bottle...good luck...ps for small marks...spray in cap ...and use a small artists brush to apply
clean clean clean but it might not come ou


dont by a car from a smoker againt they stink

No comments:

Post a Comment