Monday, August 23, 2010

Can someone give me some advice on photo etching?

I'd like to etch photographs on to metal so that they are permanent and resistant to wear and tear. I know you can get photo sensitive copper boards for circuits and I think these might work, but I don't know how to get started. Can anyone tell me what would be the best way to do this and where I can get advice on getting started?


Thanks!





: )Can someone give me some advice on photo etching?
Check out the Maplin catalogue or failing that http://rswww.comCan someone give me some advice on photo etching?
what do you mean etch photos on to metal. you will need to use a negative photo. copper is the norm for etching but it isn't resistant to wear and tear it scratches very easily and because it is copper it is soft so it will wear. if it was you and you haven't done it before i would get some scratch boards were they are black and you draw on them as you scratch the black away you reveal the white below. this boarding was popular a few years back you might have to look on the Internet for art suppliers

No comments:

Post a Comment