Monday, August 23, 2010

Ok I need help, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to improve your singing voice?

I've done singing lessons, and my music teacher said I have a really good voice and can be really good with practice. Problem is i have trouble controling my voice even though I know how to sing properly, I just cant seem to do it(if that makes sense). Any Advice?Ok I need help, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to improve your singing voice?
Try these techniques, I use them every day in choir and voice lessons, run these by your teacher.





Breathing:





Place your hands on your diaphragm and breathe out counting to four, then breathe in counting to four. Do the same for three, two, then one. This will help you sustain longer notes with a shorter amount of breath. You know if you are doing this correctly if you feel slight pressure pushing against your hand.





Place your hands on your rib cage and breathe out counting 1 (breathe) 1, 2 (breathe) 1, 2, 3 (breathe)...to 10. By doing this, you learn to recognize where your breath support is coming from. If your rib cage does not expand, you are most likely singing from your throat which becomes exhausting after awhile and can damage your voice.





Diction:





Sing scales Do Re Mi...in your comfortable range to a piano in ascending and descending octaves. Over time as your voice gets stronger, you'll be able to stretch your notes on either side of the piano.





Of course singing La la la in the same fashion always works.





Sing silly words like zingamomma zingamomma zingamomma zingamomma zing zing zing to sharpen your consonents.





Ah-leh-eh-loo-uh and Mee-meh-maw-moh-moo for vowels.





I just learned recently that humming helps a lot!





Check out these websites for more information, or e-mail me:





singingsuccessonline.com


singingvoicelessons.com


expertvillage.com/voice-lessons





Always remember to warm up properly 5-10 minutes before singing. Drink lots of water periodically and keep good posture so air can flow through your body and help you sustain stronger notes. Stretch your arms and neck to release tension in your upper body when warmin up. Rest your voice for a few days when you are ill or tired. Be confident and have fun! Best of luck!





princessaurora129@yahoo.comOk I need help, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to improve your singing voice?
The problem is that you might not have perfect pitch. If you have problems staying in the right key throughout the song and your voice is meandering all over the place, then you aren't a natural. You might not have a musical ear. You might have a nice tone to your voice but you have problems hitting the exact notes at all times. Some people are born with it and some people aren't. The reason why you might have problems controlling your voice is because at some point throughout the song you are forgetting which key the song is in or you are having problems maintaining a consistent pitch. That is why it is extremely important to listen to the background music at all times if you do not have perfect pitch. I can hear a song once and ten years later I can sing it in the exact key without hearing the music. I can sing it acapella. Then I play the music and see if I was in the right key and I always am. It is just something I am born with. It helps me in my guitar playing too. Contrary to popular belief, there is not a lot you can do to improve on your pitch.
If you've had vocal lessons and you've NOT learned HOW to sing properly, you need to go to a better instructor.





Vocal lessons are all about learning how to sing properly... diction, support.





That's my advice... I'm a vocal coach - amongst other musical things.
Sounds like you have problems with your breathing. I find swimming helps greatly as it teaches you to control your breath. Good luck and when you get a minute record yourself so we can hear you and judge better, perhaps. Youtube sounds like a great place for feedback
constant practice

No comments:

Post a Comment