Thursday, August 19, 2010

Has anyone ever used advice from YA when joining the military?

I answer a lot of questions on here when young people have questions regarding joining the military. I have a lot of military experience and dont mind sharing it. I just wonder if anyone has actually used my advice in this major life decision or just ignored it.


I hope I have at least helped a few people.Has anyone ever used advice from YA when joining the military?
I've considered answers on here because many times there is unbiased responses. when I thought about joining the service many of my family members were against it and nobody really knew a lot about what I needed to do. I did a lot of research (besides Yahoo answers) before talking to a recruiter. This is just another tool for people to use. Thanks for posting.Has anyone ever used advice from YA when joining the military?
to be 100% honest, i have asked a few question under the military and have gotten really negative feedback from people on here. I know i want to join the air force and need to figure out how to get a waiver (i think its the family waiver) since my husband is also in the military( national guard). i have asked people here for advice and almost every time i get people with really negative answers that dont help me (people telling me there is no way, every. which i know is not true bc it happens all the time), so of course i dont take it.








EDIT- maybe i will ask again tonight and see what people say lol
I hope so. Once you weed out the trolls there are about 1,000 years worth of military experience between the regular posters that answer the questions.





About half the questions are serious and the other half frivolous.... ';I want to be an Airborne SEAL in the French Foreign Legion and a Marine Corps Officer...'; type questions. I try to avoid them.
I hope they are listening. When I can I try to help young kids out, and try to use my combat experience from multiple engagements and battles of the past 9 years. I'm sure a good percent of them do.
People actually do listen here. I have met several people here who were HS students and went on to enlist and are now serving in the USMC.





I speak with many people who wish to enlist daily who I have met here.
I would guess about half of them listen, the other half(mostly the young ones) probably think they know everything as all of us did when we were young! Thanks for your service.
I have used plenty of advice on this website in my pursuit of joining the armed service
I already had my mind made up. The people on here have great information to share, well except for a few. I'm really happy I ran across yahoo answers. :)
  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment