Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am obsessed with HIV- though I avoid all risk activities- any advice on how to get over this crippling fear?

I have been this way for 4 years and tested negative multiple times. I have never had sexual contact with another, never used drugs, and never had a blood transfusion. Yet, an everyday thing like using a public restroom or shaking hands with someone sickens me with fear I've somehow become infected. Meds have only helped a little and counseling is proving redundant. Anyone have any suggestions?I am obsessed with HIV- though I avoid all risk activities- any advice on how to get over this crippling fear?
http://wisteme.com/question.view?targetA鈥?/a>I am obsessed with HIV- though I avoid all risk activities- any advice on how to get over this crippling fear?
The easiest thing to do is to figure out what you are getting out of focusing on this fear. Nobody does anything they don't get something out of, so you just have to figure out what it is. For instance, is it taking your mind off another more rational fear? Or does it distract you from dealing with other problems you are avoiding? Or does it somehow give you a sense of being protected somehow each time the negative result is reported? These may not be what it is, just an example of some things to consider.
You may be a little too obsessed with this, but it's good that you do worry about it. My thought would be to make your partner get tested for it, before you ever have sex with him; preferably ONLY after marrying him, %26amp; don't marry a ladies man who went with several gals while dating you; cause he could still do that, AFTER marrying you. Don't ignore the signs, for HIV doesn't discriminate, %26amp; once you get it, that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment