Saturday, July 31, 2010

I want to start Bikram Yoga and I need some advice!?

I've heard some great things about Bikram and I want to give it a try. I really want to make some positive changes in my life and health, does anyone have any advice on how to maximize results? Thanks!I want to start Bikram Yoga and I need some advice!?
Bikram's tough, but it's awesome once you get into the habit. It's a great way to cleanse your body and spirit (corny, I know). It's also a great way to lose weight. The biggest tricks, I think are:





1. Find a bikram studio with a good teacher that you feel comfortable with. You'll need a good teacher to help you really ';get'; the poses and make sure you don't injure yourself.





2. Find a class that's at a convenient time for your several days a week. You need to go to bikram several times a week to really reap the benefits.





3. Wear comfortable clothes that will wick the sweat off you. You're going to sweat a lot, but try to minimize the distraction.





4. Drink lots and lots of water. You'll need it.





5. Don't eat a lot beforehand, but make sure you've got some vitamins and nutrients in your system to get you through the 90 minutes. Orange juice or apples can be a great pre- or post-bikram snack.





Good luck!I want to start Bikram Yoga and I need some advice!?
First off, good for you! Have you gone to a class yet?


Best piece of advice is to stay hydrated - always make sure you enough water in you before your class (helping you to flush toxins, as well as stay balanced, focused and healthy).


Bikram yoga WILL give you what you need - just believe. Go atleast three times a wk and you will without a doubt see results within a month.


Go for it! and GOOD LUCK!


if you have any other questions - lionessbeefree@yahoo.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment