Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hi, I need advice on whether to wear a necklace with a black evening gown, to a formal affair?

The gown has an assymetrical strap on one side. It comes down about 3 inches from my neck. I can't decide whether to where a necklace (perhaps a thick choker). I'm otherwise thinking of wearing long dangly earrings with no necklace. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks!Hi, I need advice on whether to wear a necklace with a black evening gown, to a formal affair?
1] wear hair up


2] dangle or chandelier earrings


3] no necklace


4] beautiful bracelet or gemstone ring on 'bare' armHi, I need advice on whether to wear a necklace with a black evening gown, to a formal affair?
i think you need something not to big with it being black it will set the dress off i wouldnt go for long dangly earings or big choker maybe something more dainty and some small dangly earings


all the best
pearls .. would look nice
Long dangling earrings--don't wear a necklace.





Small earrings, wear a single stone drop. The saying goes, KISS (keep it simple stupid). Stick with diamonds or plain gold.
Yes, long dangly earrings and a bracelet to match would set it off just right. No need for a necklace with this dress...Sounds cute, have a great time!
I haven't seen the dress, but from your description, I would opt just for the dangly earrings. I think the choker would draw the eyes away from the assymetrical design. Possibly even conflict with the assymetrical design.





Just my opinion though.
If you want a classic look go for the choker....maybe crystal or even a pearl choker.
Either would work, but I think dangly earrings would work the best.





Any necklace, even a choker, runs the risk of competing with the neckline, so I'd not wear one at all.
well, i'm not big on necklaces.


but i think the following things would look nice in order of best to not so best.


1.just wear the earrings; no necklace


2.pearls w/ matching earings


3.thin-chained necklace w/ a tiny black gem


4.thin-silver-chained necklace w/ tiny diamond pendant
Wear the long, dangly earrings!
if it's assymetrical, maybe you better go bare necked :)





put a little shimmer there tho :)





less is more remember with makeup and jewelery. you want to notice the gown not the bling bling by the sounds of it.
I think no necklace! It would take away from the interesting neckline of your dress. I think you are right to go with only some beautiful dangly earrings (and maybe a pretty bracelet?).
Either or,not both although I would say the earrings.If you have long hair,wear it in an upsweep.Men will pant,women will hate you.What could be better?
Women have such weird rules on what to wear and what time of the year it can be worn. Why do women make getting dressed so complicated?


The necklace sounds fine and not wearing it sounds fine to me, either way,,,but then I am a man. A Tube top would be OK to wear in my opinion.
Silver neclace would be nice with matching earrings. For a suttle look. Have a good time!!!!!
really a black evening gown will look good with most anything. Or, with nothing, becuase of the asymetery (sp?) of the gown, I think i would do only pearls, or the earing idea... and keep it simple. I think simple is always the most elegant!
I think just long dangling earings would be best.. it might be too much with the necklace
The long dangly earings and no necklace. It would be overdoing the neck area if you wear the neckalce as well. Plus it throws of the asymmetrical thing a bit.
Choker would be good or pearls.
It completely depends on the necklace but I think that a long, clean neck line can be very attractive. Dangly earrings are a good choice. Long necklaces with a pretty bangle look can be pretty too. If you are overweight in any way, I'd go for the earrings instead so that it draws the eyes up to your face.
Stay classy, white pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment