Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm hearing so many different thoughts on the foot tattoo. Is there someone that can give me accurate advice?

I'm hearing it's good; I'm hearing it's bad. Does it mush or what? What is it like as it ages? Scale from 1-10 of pain (10 being HORRIBLE). I'm confused.I'm hearing so many different thoughts on the foot tattoo. Is there someone that can give me accurate advice?
I have a tatt on my foot. Got it done when I was 17. Didnt hurt that bad. 2 years later it still looks great and i love it.I'm hearing so many different thoughts on the foot tattoo. Is there someone that can give me accurate advice?
No one can gauge the pain but you because their tolerance and yours may be very different. I will tell you that any tattoo close to the bone hurts more than on meater areas. If you've never had a tattoo, I wouldn't suggest one on your foot to start with. The other thing you should consider is that due to the amount of movement your feet go through, the ink may not take properly. Also, you'll have to find sandals that don't rub your tattoo or you will destroy your work.
of course it hurts, but its not that bad...it just has very thin skin and it hurts when it gets near the bone
They are fairly painfull, and tend to swell and be sore for a few days afterwards (at least a few days). Often they need to be touched up because the skin doesn't take the ink as well and shoes can knock scabs off prematurely.
The foot is a sensitive place to get inked -no question about it. Bone is close to the skin and there are a lot of nerve endings in the foot.


It may take longer to heal, especially if you have to wear shoes and socks within the next week or after getting it.
Foot tattoos tend to fade more than other parts of the body, since the skin is more elastic and tends to get roughed up a lot. The soles of the feet don't hold ink at all.





Foot tattoos need to be babied to heal well. Try to keep your shoes off it, avoid doing things which may hurt your feet while it heals, etc.





It hurts a bit more, since it has less fat and is close to bones. But like any tattoo, it's nothing you couldn't handle.
Well I recently got a foot tattoo a couple days ago and just yesterday I got small tattoos on the top of both of my big toes. I also heard many bad things about foot/toe tattoos and I decided to go for it anyway. Pain varies for everyone. If you have a high pain tolerance, obviously it wouldn't hurt too much. The top of the foot didn't really hurt that bad, I'd rank it a 5-6 for me. The toe also wasn't too bad, until it got closer to the joint, then the pain was pretty intense. And these were my first tattoos so I can't judge how painful they are to other areas of the body.





So far my tats are healing nicely. I didn't bleed at all during or after the tattooing, so maybe I'm just weird, since I heard most people bleed. No fading, no peeling, no blurring yet, and I think they look awesome. My husband also has some tattoos on his feet and has had them for several months and they still look great.





Just make sure that you go to a really skilled tattoo artist and not the cheapest place around. Also I work full time in a grocery store and I am mandated to wear tennis shoes at work. I just apply the ointment and gauze every morning and tape it real good, and then put on socks and shoes. So wearing shoes isn't painful at all and it doesn't seem like its causing damage to the tattoo either.





So far so good for me. If you really want one, go for it. It doesn't hurt that bad. It's well worth the pain. Just make sure you don't pick an extremelly detailed design, since it could blur later in life.





Good luck!
The foot is a sensitive place, and the major draw back is shoes. You cant wear shoes until two weeks later, and even after that you risk infection because the feet are generally a dirty place, and shoes are full of bacteria. Now the nice think is it is less likely to fade because it isnt exposed to as much sun as other places. Feet wrinkle more than other places, but all tattoo's look like *** when youre 90 and you probably wont be able to see them anyways. A 40 year old woman with her foot tattooed is a lot more attractive than her arm or face. Since most feet have little fat and a lot of bone it is a bit more painful than your arm. I would rate it a 6/7. I would never personally get my feet done though, i dont think its very attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment