Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why do people advice to drink water when dealing with first trimester sickness?

ugh! i canteven think of drinking plain water yuck. the though of it makes me gag...if im drinking waterr, i have to mix it with juice....anyone else in the same boat as me. i'm almost 6 weeks....Why do people advice to drink water when dealing with first trimester sickness?
I hated water towards the end of my first trimester. Especially with food and when I was really thirsty....it was the worst thing ever. The doctor eventually told me NOT to drink water with my meals because it would only make me sicker. She suggested I drink juice with my meals and every time I had a giant thirst urge. It worked. I didnt get sick as often and I could hold down my meals better. If it gets really bad you can try gatorade. The electrolytes in it help you stay hydrated, its s short term solution but it works.Why do people advice to drink water when dealing with first trimester sickness?
like everyone else said, hydration. If plain water makes you sick, you can drink other fluids, they just don't want you to do carbonation, high sugar, high fructose, high fat drinks, because you will regret it later and the effect isn't as good as plain water. Some flavor is good, like Crystal Light, things like that. Just be careful what you drink, drink lots of it, and stay hydrated. That is the main point :)





Best wishes!!!
I usually drink a lot water anyway, but during the whole time I had morning sickness, (it was from 6 weeks to 16 weeks) I never drank a glass of water because it made me throw up. So I would water down juice, lemonade or gatorade just to add flavor to the water. That was tolerable and at least I was still getting water. My doctor said that was better than not drinking at all..lol.. As long as your not drinking tons of caffeine and sugary drinks, then you should be ok not to drink water until you start feeling better. Before you rule out water all together tho, put lots of ice in the water and sip it. See if that helps.
Our bodies are made up of mostly water and therefore so is a baby's body as well as the amniotic fluid that surrounds it. You need water b/c the baby needs it to survive. I personally cannot understand hating water but to each his own. I am picky about brands and won't drink tap. Maybe you could try mixing it with those flavor packets. Either way, you should be drinking at least 8 glasses a day. I drank close to double that in my first trimester.
I was never a plain water drinker. I'd get the crystal light flavoring packets to add to it. I know how miserable you feel right now but it is so very important to stay hydrated. I started to crave really cold ice water with this baby. Mixing water with juice is a great idea if that's what works for you-just stay away from too much soda because it doesn't hydrate at all. Good luck.
You have to drink or you will become dehydrated and end up in the hospital on iv fluids!!! Try to drink small, frequent amounts and not guzzle it as this will increase your nausea. Make sure you have something in your stomach as well. If water isnt staying down well try some other liquids..mixing it is fine. Gingerale is okay. It should pass. However, if it does continue and you cannot keep anything down or are just always very nauseous your MD may prescribe an anti nausea medicine that is safe for you to take..such as zofran. Hang in there!!!
I was the same way when I was pregnant... I also threw up for 5 months with BOTH my kids... so I don't quite know how normal that was. Anyway, I drank a lot of juice, though most of that made me sick too. Sometimes I could drink Milk and I know this is bad, but sometimes only Coke would calm my stomach. Trust me, after throwing up for 5 months, the last thing I was worried about was a coke! Have you tried those singles packs of crystal light or hawaiian punch? They make them sugar free... or decaf coffee or tea? Good luck and have a safe pregnancy!!!
i actually crave water this pregnancy it is just so good to me especially ice cold! i am normally a juice and soda drinker more soda. so i am opposite of you.


but i do not know why they say to drink it besides it being healthy but it honestly makes me feel better when i am sick.
yes i was this way with my second. i hate water but water is still water if you add flavor. that is what my doctor said. colaid is water with flavoring so that is okay to drink. i sucked on lemon juice for my sickness. it worked for me. good luck
I was sick day and night with my 2nd child. I hate plain water too. I would squeeze some fresh lemon juice into my water. It made it taste better and the lemons helped with the nausea.





But you can drink juice. Just keep hydrated.
water made me sicker!!! Nothing helped me...NOTHING, I was so sick i thougt i was gonna die BUT don't worry because in 8 weeks you should be feeling a whole lot better. hang in there. it goes by quick. ITS DEFINATELY WORTH EVERY SECOND:)
Being dehydrated will make you feel nauseous. So stay hydrated and better. Mixing the water with juice is not bad. but make sure it's more water than anything.
Because you need to stay hydrated. My doc says drink anything.
So you don't get dehydrated. vommit has a way of making us dehydrated.
  • colon cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment