Sunday, July 25, 2010

Living wth unipolar? How is it different to bipolar? Any advice?

My husband says he's been diagnosed with unipolar disorder. Is this the same as bipolar? Do you have this problem or know anyone who does. It's causing major problems in our marriage and I moved out 2 weeks ago. I need help/advice quick!Living wth unipolar? How is it different to bipolar? Any advice?
I think I can help you here (see my name).





Unipolar is characterised by extreme lows and is often called depression. Bipolar is charactersied by extreme lows, followed by extreme highs ie mania, then extreme depression.





This is something that your husband needs to sort out with therapy and possibly medication. This can be treated, but it's essential that he sticks to the therapy plan. I hope this works out for you.Living wth unipolar? How is it different to bipolar? Any advice?
I have never heard of unipolar, but I would assume it's like bi-polar except you wouldn't swing from extreme lows to extreme highs, instead you would be stuck in one, or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment