Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need some advice to paint my brick exterior siding?

the house it's old and the brick looks kind of ugly. I would like to know if it's a good idea to paint brick siding. I am getting this house ready for sale.I need some advice to paint my brick exterior siding?
dont go to the expense of painting, get in a super washer to clean it down. if you do paint use a natural colour as its hard to please people and most like colours that you cannot predict!!I need some advice to paint my brick exterior siding?
Best advice is not to paint, but to clean. Best way to clean is power wash. That way, house will sell to people who like natural brick and those who might want to paint it. Once you paint it, it's hard to get back to natural, and you might turn off buyers.
My husband and I just painted our ugly gray brick fireplace. It turned out beautiful. We primed it first with Bullseye primer. We painted it a brick red color while the walls are a goldish color. I can't believe how it changed to whole look of our family room.





Paint is pretty cheap and it can make such a difference in the apperance of your house. Choose a color that is appealing to the eye. If there is trim, paint that a contrasting color.





I say go for it and Good Luck!
Yes you can paint brick. If it is real brick just power wash it and paint it with an exterior latex house paint. I would recommend a flat sheen, it will look more like the sheen of the original brick. If it not real brick-you said brick siding? , find out what it is made of, you make have to prime it first.
Selling the house and you are going to paint the brick? BIG MISTAKE. Powerwash the house and fix up the landscaping.
i'd say give the bricks a good scrubbing/powerwash, and spray them with an anti-mildew coating so it stays looking good. brick is in, and will help sell your house.
never paint brick. try power wash.
Check with your local 'Paint Store' usually a small, a mom%26amp;pop


place will give you the best advise.





It really needs to be done properly, then the results will


turn out really well for a very long time. Plus it really does up date it and look great. Which in turn will be a better sell.





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment