Saturday, July 31, 2010

I found the perfect wedding dress at a boutique but I need some advice please?

The dress is a little bit above my price range, is it wrong for me to ask the owner of the boutique to see if she can lower the price for me?


I don't know how these things work...thanks!I found the perfect wedding dress at a boutique but I need some advice please?
Yes, it is perfect acceptable, and some shop owners will respect you a bit more if you attempt to haggle...but there is a way to do it and get results and a way to just get frustrated!





First off, don't let HER know it is the perfect dress...try this...wait until she is not busy...the shop should be empty, or at least no one else waiting for help or within earshot...do your negotiating when no one else can overhear...and say, ';You know, I could see this dress working for me...but it IS out of my price range...and I would still have to pay to have it altered...could you work with me on the price? and JUST BE QUIET! (Silence is power...and nervous, unsure people will start yammering to fill the silence, and SHE knows this!) And wait...play it cool...





Either she will bite, or she won't...she may ask you what you had in mind...and give her a figure a little below what you are willing to pay...because you will have to bargain up to a price...or you might get lucky...or she might throw in alterations...if she isn't willing to come down on the price as much as you had hoped, she if she will throw in more stuff, such as the veil, or a slip, etc...try to get something else, if the price will not be adjusted down...





And don't be afraid to offer her your name and number, and ask her to call you if she changes her mind...then gather your coat and purse and WALK OUT THE DOOR! (Now, you and I both know you will probably only make it to the car before you turn around and go back, but SHE doesn't know this at all!) She will probably stop you once your hand is on the door knob!





I can almost guarantee this! How do I know? Ask my husband who buys the cars in this family while he holds the coats and keeps an eye on the kids! I leave the sales guys shaking their heads (and shaking in their boots) every single time! I love it!I found the perfect wedding dress at a boutique but I need some advice please?
- Have a look on the internet and try to find it cheaper. Then go to her and tell her you wont buy the dress from her unless she lowers the price. Don't forget to take proof though!





- Yes you can ask her to lower the price.





- If she is evil and refuses to lower the price, you can always take money from another area of your wedding budget.





- Try to be really nice to her before you ask and make it feel like she really knows you. Tell her about your ';dream'; wedding.





- Be sincere and tell her that it is your dream dress.
Because you are going to a boutique it is perfectly acceptable! At your wedding you should feel great about how you look and feel. If you are denied though, which I doubt you always have the option of cutting corners in other place such as your cake or doing your own make up instead of having it professionally done. Good luck with your dress and I wish you many happy years to come with your spouse
Sure, bargain, bargain, work it down!


Play it like a car -- ask for what their purchase price was, and offer a little over that.
nah, tell her it's your dream dress and try to bargain for a lower price. she might not lower the price since its a boutique store though. good luck!
no..my mom does it sometimes at some stores and they actually let her. so try tell them that your getting married and you have so much more to buy and relly want this dress.. good luck sweetie
Couldn't hurt. Especially in these hard times.
never hurts to ask! good luck, and congrats!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment