Sunday, July 25, 2010

I need some advice before I talk to an attorney?

I need some help before I talk to an attorney. First off there are several years my father did not pay child support about 8. Now that I am 18 my mother and I are suing him for the back child support I was wondering if its even worth it or is it going to cost us more in legal fees than its worth? Also, I was wondering if it was possible to have him ordered to pay child support while im in college?I need some advice before I talk to an attorney?
if hes several years behind he'll be paying long after you graduate from college and no its not wrong to go after the back support, check with local child support office, they may do it for you for free. good luckI need some advice before I talk to an attorney?
It will depend on how much he was ordered to pay but in general it is a good idea to pursue. You can contact the state in most cases because they usually will process for little or no cost. If it would go to court and you won the case, I seriously doubt you will pay anything.





I'm not sure about the child support in college.





Fathers who avoid paying child support are apt to appeal to siblings that it is an okay practice to have children and then run away from the relationship.





Take care and good luck.
My advice to you is to move on with your life. You are 18 now, and have the opportunity to do great things. Go to school, have fun with your friends and explore the world.





Your Mom should have pursued the child support a long time ago. I honestly don't know what the laws are in your state, but I can tell you from experience that trying to recoup for lost time or money so late in the game will only bring you down. It will frustrate you and keep you living in the past. No amount of money will fix what is broken.





Your Mom did the best she could, and raised you to be a very wonderful person. Accept what is and move forward. Good luck!
We have NO idea of what your father's financial status is ,





He might be bankrupt so you would be spending $$$$$$$ to get 0 .





He might also have millions stashed in lots of places but . . .





WE don't know .





You need to 1st , do an asset search .


Using the SSN ( which should be on documents )


do a search to determine his status .





AFTER you get the facts , you can make a viable decision .





Sorry your dad flaked on you





%26gt;
If you are in the u.s, every county in the u.s. has lawyers paid by the taxpayers to seek back child support. Paying for a private lawyer to do it is wasteful, especially because the government lawyers do it every day and are experts in the field.


Whether the Dad has the money and whether he has wages that can be garnished, I have no idea.


In general, child support stops when the child becomes an adult.
Yes, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment