Saturday, July 31, 2010

Does anyone have any practical advice for controlling rage?

When I say rage, I mean rage, not anger or frustration I'm talking about when you are so mad you get tunnel vision and remember everything as a slow blur after. I鈥檓 having trouble with episodes of intense anger and I need a way to stop myself from getting into a rage and doing things I later regret.Does anyone have any practical advice for controlling rage?
When rage comes on, a good brisk walk or cardio activity would be good to do immediately. Clear your mind. Get your heart racing just like the rage. Cardioactivity releases stress which is probably a trigger point for this rage. If you can release the stress asap, then the rage should subdue. I would invest in a punching bag...hang in garage or attic and some gloves. Punch the rage out....run.....lots of people pick up running to treat stress. Acting on anger is being emotionally out of control. I would also look into seeing if you have a personality disorder that is causing the rage. Borderline? Bipolar? Medicines are out there to help get that rage under control. I would consult a psychologist in your area....either there are healthy steps you can take without medication or medication is needed. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment