Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My sister can say whatever she wants to say to my mom, but when I say something mean she gets mad. Any advice?

My sister can say something to my mom and I can say the same thing and she gets angry with me but not her. I don't think it's the tone because we have similiar voices. I stopped talking a lot because of it because I am afraid if I say something she will take it the wrong way. By the way, My sister and I are both in our 20's.My sister can say whatever she wants to say to my mom, but when I say something mean she gets mad. Any advice?
Sometimes this is just something we perceive to be the case. It doesn't sound like a question from someone in their 20's. At your ages I would expect you to just ask Mom why it seems she favors one of your answers over the other.My sister can say whatever she wants to say to my mom, but when I say something mean she gets mad. Any advice?
me and my brother are both in our twenties and here is what i have noticed..... when we were younger I gave my mother more respect that my brother did, when he got to be the age children start mouthing off to their parents, he did. I think that if they never let you get away with it in the first place they figure why should they now? one child already disrespects her, she sure as hell isn't going to let another one do it! not only that but she may feel that your sister doesn't care! but knowing you do care, if she gets mad at you for doing it or says something to you about it you care enough to try to change it....?
maybe your mom just doesn't like you.


I know people say parents always love their children etc etc... but does that necessarily mean she likes you?


Do your sister and mother have a lot in common? do they spend more quality time together? that's probably why they're closer, than you and your mother, and thus, why she's less inclined to be offended by something your sister says....





When children are young, the nature of their relationship with their parents is clear, because their so dependent on their parents. But as you get older, your relationship with your parents becomes more like one of friendship, as you are no longer totally dependent on them as you once were..... so you can grow apart. Your mother probably doesn't give you the benefit of the doubt that she once would have, because you're an adult now, and not just he little girl.





I know my sister is a lot closer to our parents than I, and I am a lot more inclined to get accosted by my parents for any mildly snide comment. It's just the way things are. Just be very concise if you must spend time with your parents a lot. Make it so they can't misunderstand, or twist what you have said. And, if needs be, say less, as you have been. And if you still live at home, try to move out as soon as possible.
Maybe your sister is doing something your not for your mother! Tell your mother how much you love and appreciate her! I wouldn't recommend saying anything mean to your mother in the first place! If your sister says something negative to your mother. Defend your mother and earn her respect and love! If worst comes to worst talk to your mother in private without your sister around and tell her how you feel. You never want to hold a grudge with your mother or any family for that matter! Family is love!
if you think your mom will get mad at you if you say somthing maybe if you send her a letter saying how you feel whats going on and what she has done and maybe somthing to inprove her acts. i went through the same thing and i wrote my mom a letter and now i can talk to her like a normal person it dosent feel wierd or it dosent make me feel scared any more.
Dont say the things your sister says and you will be fine. Obviously your sister is the favorite. You could record what your sister says and the reaction from your mom and then do the same for you and then play it back to your mom and ask her why she does that to you
same thing used to happen to me and my sister and i asked my mom why and my mom said its because my sister is just a constant beyotch and im usually the nice one but when i say mean things they think i mean it more than when my sister says the same kind of stuff
it sounds like your mother has a shorter temper for you. and that can be a big boundary in family relationships. you need to tell her how you feel and try and improve the problem. and remember relationships will not work unless you both bend. good luck
maybe...dunno...you did somethin or said somethin in the recent past that hurt her and she's hurt, and mad at you. she doesn't want to show you but when she talks to you she is uncontrolling her rage toward you?





ans my question pls 20pts best answer!!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
maybe ur mom knowsthat ur sister cannot change and ur mom is trying to make u better than her. os that's wat my mom does. She says that My sister is already a gone case so she is trying to stop me from getting mannerless. :):)
This is a example... So if your sister ask for money she(your mom) is o.k with it but when you ask for money she get mad it that about right or something like this..? there one thing you can do ask grandma or grandpa...
get over it and quit your crying, your in your 20's so if you don't like it move out and be on your own, quit worrying about what your sister gets away with ect. grow up and move on with your life!!!!!!!
Hard to answer this one without knowing the family dynamics however there is usually historical residue in the subconscience that clouds peoples interaction with one another.
maybe its the way you say it.. do u say it in a rude manner?


if you dont, then talk to your mum.. let her know how you feel about the talking situation
Move out and don't talk to her ever again. Then when you get a lot of money, show off and make her feel jealous.
Ask the same question to your mom and if she gets mad or ignores you, tell your dad.
Before I read the details, it looked like you were much younger,


Since your in your 20's grow up and move on
you need to sit your mom down and talk to her about this.
I'm a mother of 3 and let me just say this: every mother does not love all of her children exactly the same. Each child is a completely different, unique human being. You love each child with the same intensity but you love them differently and you respond and react to them differently.





For whatever reason, your mother seems to take input from your sister better than she takes input from you but that has nothing to do with you and everything to do with your mom. Don't take it personally.





It is the way she's interpreting it coming out of your mouth and, yes, it's not fair that your sister can say whatever she wants and you're getting treated like a criminal when you have an opinion. Don't allow your mother's perception to devalue your ability to speak your mind.





Your mother is in her own world and she's hearing your words through her own filter. Know that this is about her, not you. Speak your mind when you want to speak your mind and don't expect her to take it any other way than the way she does and don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you; it's because of them.





Don't change who you are to make someone else, even your mom, feel better. This is a great opportunity for you to learn how to speak your truth, even if nobody else likes it.





Here's the bottom line: Whenever you change your behavior to make someone else feel better, the message you're sending out to that person is this, ';What you think of me is more important than what I think of myself.'; Do you really want to send that message out to your mother, especially when you know her reaction has everything to do with her and nothing to do with you? Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment