Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Has anyone have any good advice about chemically straightning hair ?

Well i normally relax my hair But i now hav'nt had it done for 7 months


I would be getting it done in 6 days but i dont know if i should get it done or not





--Does it look good with straightened hair


--Does it seriously damage my hair


--What is an alternative


--All other advice is welcome





Thanks so muchHas anyone have any good advice about chemically straightning hair ?
Relaxers do damage the hair because they alter your hair's natural state. So if you do it, it will be important for you to follow up with conditioning treatments, protein treatments and hot oils treatments (not all at the same time though. Alternate.)





Your alternative is to go natural, Since you haven't have a relaxer in 7 months, you are basically there. if you decide to go natural, you'll have to cut off your straight ends (if you have any.) If you don't they will break off.





I am natural and I love it. I don't have to worry about my hair when it rains or getting a touch-up every 6 weeks. I don't have to spend all day in the beauty salon and I don't have to spend much time styling it at home. I just wake up and go. It did take me some time to get the right routine and to find the right products.





I can't really tell you what you should do. That's a personal decision. But www.nappturality.com is great site and can answer all your questions about going and staying natural. until then, you can get your hair braided, cornrowed, flat twisted, etc. until you decide what you want to do.





Hope this helps.Has anyone have any good advice about chemically straightning hair ?
of course it damages hair! you need to condition it everyweek to help it retain moisture. get some ghd's straightners and use them instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment