Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am taking a lump sum buyout at work and returning to school. I need the money to last 2 years. Any advice?

I'd like to put a large portion of the money into a safe investment such as a cd. Should I put it in a money market account? The object is to make 140,000 last 2 years while I finish school. I'd like to pay myself a weekly sum so that I can continue to keep my homelife and that of my kids relatively the same. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.I am taking a lump sum buyout at work and returning to school. I need the money to last 2 years. Any advice?
will that lump sum equal 140k AFTER taxes? - how much net pay do you live on a year now? - you're only going to get 2.5-3.0% on short-term CD's, so after taxes on the interest income, over 2 yrs, you might see another 20-25k? - with no other income coming in, you should scale back expenses somewhat wherever possible, at least the first year - don't forget about family medical coverage and doctor/dentist bills, medicine, etcI am taking a lump sum buyout at work and returning to school. I need the money to last 2 years. Any advice?
That seems easy enough to do without even investing it.





You can't live on $50,000 a year??? Then you can do it and have $40,000 LEFT OVER.





You should be able to live on $30,000 a year even with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment