Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How do I sell paintings in the UK from a foreign author? Advice needed badly...?

Hello good people.


My sister and her husband are painters that have exhibited a few times in London galleries. Each has left me a painting from the last art fair they took part into. The works are great, oil on canvas and quite large. I am supposed to try and sell them.


I have no contacts in the art world whatsoever. Obviously the gallery option is no option.


How do I find a buyer?How do I sell paintings in the UK from a foreign author? Advice needed badly...?
If they have already exhibited in London galleries, find out which galleries, and phone them and discuss it with them. Make sure you know the price that was on those works when they were exhibited there.





Get photographs of these works, good ones that can be reproduced, and save them on disc, and save a version suitable for e-mailing also, and find out more galleries by simply googling 'art gallery+UK', get an e-mail address, and send out a covering mail with a couple of photos of the paintings, just asking if they would be interested in showing these.





Make sure that the price agreed takes in your commission also. Galleries take at least 40%, some take a lot more. Be clear with the artists that your time is also valuable and that you wish to receive a percentage of the profit. How do I sell paintings in the UK from a foreign author? Advice needed badly...?
eBay.co.uk has a category for self-representing artists ... why don't they try it themselves? I think .com has too btw.
My son paints acrylic on canvas





and sells his paintings via his myspace.com account
i think u should go to my space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment